My first couple of days in Quebec City, Canada have been fantastic so far. I want to share with you some thought provoking ideas from Day 1 at the International Federation of Orthopaedic Manipulative Physical Therapists (IFOMPT) conference.
- 60-80% of migraine and tension type headache sufferers have some associated neck pain
- Whiplash sufferers who don’t respond to conservative treatment after 3 months following a motor vehicle accident tend to lead to prolonged disability
- Low fitness kills more people than smoking, obesity, and diabetes combined
- 8 times more likely than obesity and 2 times more likely than smoking
- Getting 150 minutes of physical activity per week equals 16 lives saved per 100 persons
- If smokers were non-smokers it equals 8 lives saved per 100 persons
- Individuals who suffer from chronic facial pain have more difficulty expressing and recognizing emotions